Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Book Release | Delivered by Angels by Emerald Barnes

Delivered by Angels
by Emerald Barnes

Determined to escape her abusive father and drunken mother, Lexi Johnson turns to the blade to numb her pain, but it isn’t enough to end her misery. She’s convinced that not even God could save her now.

Roxy Taylor is the new girl in town, and Lexi doesn’t trust her, especially when she teams up with DJ Tucker to try and break down the barriers that Lexi has put in place.

Little does Lexi know, there are greater forces battling for her life, and as Lexi begins to open up to both Roxy and DJ, she’ll see that she isn’t alone in this world.

In the heart-pounding sequel to Entertaining Angels, everyone’s favorite angel, Zach Taylor, is back, and he’s there to make sure that Madison and Chase Sanders are on the path that God has chosen for them, a path that could deliver Lexi from the demons who want her soul.

Purchase Delivered by Angels on Amazon today, available through Kindle Unlimited as well! 

From Emerald

As teens, it’s easy to feel alone and unloved, and so often, that can lead down dangerous paths. It’s easy to want to fit in, to make sure that you’re popular or whatever. But the best advice I can give you is to be yourself. Be true to who you are as a person. And if you do feel unloved and alone, know that you aren’t alone and that you are loved!

I wrote a book, Delivered by Angels, to show others that God loves them and that He would do anything to show others that love. And that’s what I hope you know. That even when you feel at your lowest, there is always someone who loves you.

As a teen, I know that I felt unloved. I felt like such a loser. I had friends, and I was semi-popular, but I wasn’t blind to the mocking of my peers behind my back. I was never good enough for the people I went to school with, and I have lived with that to this day. (I’m about to turn 29.) It’s hard, especially as a kid, and there are people who deal with similar pain, bullying, and more, such as abuse, on a daily basis. There are kids who have to live with things they shouldn’t have to, and it’s not easy on them. They don’t know how to escape their pain.

I’m not saying I have the magical cure. I don’t. Even as a Christian, I know that life isn’t all rainbows, but I do know that I don’t want people hurting. I encourage anyone going through difficult times to talk to someone, even if it’s finding a support group or counselor. You don’t have to do this alone. There are people who will be happy to talk to you.

Take it from me, I bottled in most of my emotions. I didn’t like talking about the things that bothered me, and it wasn’t good. I should have talked more, opened up, trusted more people because I wasn’t alone. I had family who loved me, and they would have done anything to help me. There are people who feel that way about you, even when you don’t think that’s true.

You are not alone. Whatever you’re going through, know that God loves you, and He is there for you no matter what.

If you need to talk about something, or just want prayer, you can message me through the prayer request page on my website.



About Emerald Barnes:

Emerald Barnes graduated with a B.A. in English with an emphasis on Creative Writing at Mississippi University for Women. She resides in a small town in Mississippi and has the accent to prove it. She’s an auntie, a Whovian, a little bit of a nerd, a reader, a writer, and a family-oriented person. God is number one in her life, and she thanks Him continuously for His love and favor.

Connect with Emerald online:

Twitter: @emeraldbarnes
Pinterest: Emerald Barnes


Email: emerald_barnes@yahoo.com




No comments:

Post a Comment